Friday, August 22, 2008

Camp...

Well camp was SOOOOOOOOOOOO much fun. Mikayla and I really had a great time. I think that the time together was much needed and much appreciated by both of us.

The above picture is of Mikayla and the game director at camp. She got in the middle of a circle of all the campers and sang a song with hand motions. I am so proud of her. She is at that age where she is embarrassed and this was a big step for her...
This is in the chapel where the kids were taught about the amazing kids in the bible. I thought all of the speakers did a great job teaching the kids about how God can use them at such a young age. The kids learned about Miriam (Moses' Sister), David (as in David and Goliath), and Jesus (When he was young). The kids all seemed to really enjoy everything that was offered at the camp.
Here is a picture of Mikayla and I out on our hike. We had a chance to hike with 3 packing goats that held the first aid kit and all of the drinks for the campers. It was really quite an experience.

Well camp was 4 nights and 5 days. I was the counselor of the 4th grade girls (Mikayla and Madison were the youngest of the kids). My group was called the Flower Puff Girls...kind of silly but they are young. We had 8 girls total in our group and 3 teens that helped out. There were times when we just needed to be there and give the kids hugs. There were tears from homesick kids, and bugs everywhere, but what a blessing the whole trip was.

I am so glad that I was able to touch the lives of these kids. They were a lot of fun. Who knows maybe I'll do it again next year...


Check out my slide show for more of the camp pictures.

No comments: