Do you remember A's, B's, C's, etc.? Well for some reason on our kid's report cards they don't get anything that is remotely close to a letter grade. Gav gets different symbols like slashes and circles. When I first saw his report card I thought he was doing horrible...then Cory found the "key" on the report card and we realized that he is doing just fine.
Now on Mikayla's report card she gets numbers. 1 means you need to improve, 2 is you are improving, 3 means you are where you are suppose to be, and a 4 is you are excelling. Well Mikayla finally got some fours in reading. I think it is funny how you don't seem to get them before the 3rd quarter, but oh well I know she is smart.
For the "upper grades" there is a data notebook night. The data notebook is where all of Mikayla's test scores are kept and grafted. Her job is to walk us through her notebook and show us all she has learned and how she has grown over the year. She is doing well like always... She was very proud of her data notebook, except for the page that shows when she got in trouble and for what... She only got in trouble a few times and one was talking and the other was for taking to long in the restroom...
Well Summer will be here before we know it. School will be ending on May 21st... Then it's off to CA!
No comments:
Post a Comment