This blog goes out to all of you who follow what we are doing here in Fruita, CO. I am really sorry that I haven't been blogging at all. I know that I haven't blogged since the end of October, and now it's the end of November. This past month has been a pretty hard month for me. I have experienced my first "reconciliation" meeting, we found out Cory is getting a pay cut in Jan and I am realizing how close Christmas really is. My head has been spinning for weeks now. I am really just trying to make it day by day.
This is the first year I haven't even been excited to decorate for Christmas. My thought was, if we aren't going to be here why bother. Then I realized that I was being selfish. Even if I'm not in the mood I need to do it for the kids. So I took the time and put up my Christmas stuff. It is done, almost.
As I'm writing this it is Thanksgiving. The turkey and stuffing are in the oven and the house smells so yummy. I feel like this has to be my new start. I need to remember all the reasons I have to be thankful. So here they are some of them...
I am thankful for my family, their warm hearts and silly smiles.
I am thankful for our health.
I am thankful for our home and the great city that we live in.
I am thankful for all of my friends, especially the ones who know something is wrong before I do.
I am thankful that we have the money to pay our bill and put food on our table.
I know there are a lot more thing that I am thankful for but those are just some.
I just want to say thank you for always supporting our family during the good times and the bad. I know that as with everything else this is just a season. God will provide all that we need.
Happy Thanksgiving.
2 comments:
Hang in there guys! Clint has taken several paycuts over the past year and it always amazes me how little we can live on if we put our faith in God. I don't know if you guys do tithing at your church, but we pay a 10% tithe on any money Clint earns. It serves as a way of thanking God for our many blessings and it also sanctifies the time that Clint spends working. That helps put everything else into perspective.
A friend once told me if I was in a bad mood to think of at least 20 different things to be grateful for each night. Sometimes it works, sometimes I'm just too stubborn!
Enjoy the Christmas decorations and send me your email so I can send you a couple of Muppet Christmas songs that will make you laugh!
Here you go:
http://sendables.jibjab.com/view/NRG2KK5MVHBcmDdJ
:D
Post a Comment