Saturday, February 23, 2008

5k anyone...

Well my friend Christine had asked me about a month ago if I would like to do the Sweetheart run/walk here in Fruita. Last year I did it with her and Mom. I was not so much fun last year. There weren't very many walkers last year, so we came in almost dead last.

This year I decided that I would try to run as much as I could. I have been going to the gym off and on for a month or so. I am not in great or even good shape, but I seemed to make it without falling over dead.

The weather this morning was really cloudy and the ground was wet. A few minutes before the race it started to rain. Oh yippy. Well Christine and I got out there and did our best. I am proud to say that I was able to run most of the 5k and my time was 37.05 mins.

Maybe next year I will be able to run it all and not have to take walking breaks...

This was just one more new thing that I have done... When we (Cory and I) turn 30 we would like to run the Fruita Monument Marathon. If we are able to do that it will be some sort of miracle. It is a good goal though.

No comments: