Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Let's Take a Hike!



We decided for our last full day with Alyssa, Adam, and Shannon we would go for a hike here in Fruita. You can really see how gorgeous Fruita is when you out in nature... We all piled in the car, husker too, and headed to Devil's Canyon. The weather was actually warm. We all started in heavy coats and stripped them off the further we went.





The trail had mostly snow on it. There were a few spots that were pretty icy. I was the only one who fell. I think I fell four times going back to the car. It was hard on the ice going down hill. Oh well I made it without getting hurt.




Here Mikayla is posing under a tree. She looks so big... Here Gav is on a rock. He struck this pose all by himself. Cute?! Silly, I think is more like it.





At the end of the hike we had to recreate one of the photos that Alyssa took last year. Here we all are in shadow. Kind of fun!
It was a great hike. I wish we could have gone further, but my nose was congested and it was getting hard to breath the higher we climbed. Maybe after the snow melt we can do it again so I don't fall as much...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That sounds like such a fun hike. It's amazing what you can find in your own backyard...