The trip down was a LONG one. It took us 13.5 hours. We did stop and have lunch with Grandma Karen. It was nice getting to see Grandma. The other hold up was the bad traffic in Vegas. We still made it home in time for Miranda's birthday dinner. I dropped Mom and the kids off at Mom's house and the kids went swimming while I went out to dinner with Grandpa Bob, Grandma, Dad, Letty, Tyler, and Miranda. We had a yummy dinner at Olive Garden. Then we went back to Grandpa's and had a chance to all hang out.
On Wednesday we went to Disneyland. We were very lucky to have connections for a free day at Disneyland. A big thank you to Judy! Here is the link to the picture slide show from Disneyland...

Soaked after Splash Mountain... Sporting some ears!
Thursday we had a chance to go see the new Night at the Museum movie with Uncle Brett. We really enjoyed the movie.
On Friday we went and saw UP in 3-D with Auntie Alyssa and Nana. We really enjoyed Up! If you have a chance to see it you must.
Saturday Mikayla went and had her nails done with Nana. She had a mani and a pedi. Very cute toes they are blue, and her fingers are purple. She got to sit is one of those pedicure chairs that's made for a kid. So cute. It even had a DVD player to watch while she was having her stuff done.
After the nail salon we headed down to have dinner with Dad and Letty. We (Alyssa, the kids and I) went and had some yummy rosemary chicken and ribs with a side of Rockband. We had so much fun playing Rockband. We even "performed" for Grandma and Grandpa. We Rocked!
Sunday was a relaxing day in the morning and then we headed to BMX. We figured since we would be gone for a month we needed to keep Gav's legs working well. It is best if he races. So we headed down to the Orange BMX track and Gav had a chance to race. He did really well. There were 18 kids that were 5 and under. That's a lot of racers. I am very proud of Gav he raced 3 races and kicked butt, but then on the last race his laces got caught in his bike and he ate it big time... He did get up and finish the race, but I was really sad for him. He crossed the finish line with tears streaming down his face... My little boy.
Monday the kids and I had breakfast with Dad and Letty. It was really yummy. After breakfast we headed back to Yorba Linda and picked up Mom. We went to Target and picked up new rollerblades for the kids. Thank you Great Grandma and Great Grandpa for the new skates.
Monday afternoon Mikayla had her first art lesson with Colleen. She learned how to draw and also how to water color. Mikayla is really looking forward to learning how to be a better artist. I also get a chance to be creative with Colleen's mom. She is going to teach me how to quilt... Yippy I am so excited. I have always wanted to learn how to quilt. I'll let you know how that goes...
No comments:
Post a Comment