We went for a ride last week on Mary's Loop. Cory, Will and I thought that we should hit the trails and take advantage of the cooler weather. It was an awesome ride, but let me tell you I was so nervous before we even started. For the past few years I have been doing Rustler's Loop which is right next to Mary's Loop. From R.L. you can see the huge hill at the beginning of Mary's. I really wanted to do it, but I was so scared of being the big wimp.



The weather on our ride was a bit dark and cloudy. The rain at least held out until the end of the ride. We would have had trouble if the trails were muddy. As it was I already was beyond exhausted. Towards the end I slid every so gracefully off my bike and onto my hip knee and hands. I wasn't bloody, but I was pretty scratched up. (I am so thankful to my husband for waiting to laugh at me until I got home.)
The weather on our ride was a bit dark and cloudy. The rain at least held out until the end of the ride. We would have had trouble if the trails were muddy. As it was I already was beyond exhausted. Towards the end I slid every so gracefully off my bike and onto my hip knee and hands. I wasn't bloody, but I was pretty scratched up. (I am so thankful to my husband for waiting to laugh at me until I got home.)
There were some really scary parts on the ride where the rocks kind of just drop off. I didn't feel comfortable with my riding abilities, so I go off my bike and just walked until I was in a safe spot. 
We did it! All 8.74 miles of Mary's Loop. Will was very proud of Cory and I for sicking out the whole ride. I don't know how soon I will do it again, but at least I can say I did it!
No comments:
Post a Comment