Monday, December 22, 2008

Angel Tree Cake...

For the past two years I have had the privilege of making a cake for a group called Angel Tree. Angel Tree provides Christmas gifts for kids who have parents in jail. One of the local churches out here helps organize it for the Grand Junction area. Leah's mom, Mary, is in charge of the local Angel Tree. She has a party and gets the gifts to all of the kids...

The cake I did this year was really heavy... I made two 14inch rounds and two 10 in rounds.

Up until the time I was doing the cake I didn't know what I was going to do. For winging it I don't think it turned out to bad.

I hand painted all of the cake... I put a tree on top of the cake with an angel as the topper... It's an "Angel Tree".



The lights I also painted. They are cut out of fondant and then painted.




I was going to put a bow on the bottom of the cake like a present, but when I put the piece on the cake it looked like a belt...who has a belt? SANTA!

I think the cake turned out well for being the first cake in a while. I would like to thank Matt for helping me put the belt on... I couldn't have done it without him.

The best part of this cake is the fact that everyone loved it. It was such a surprise to all. It makes all of the work worth it...

No comments: