Monday, December 1, 2008

Gobble...Gobble...

This year we had a very relaxing Thanksgiving. We were invited to have dinner at Mary's home, Leah's Mom. Mary made lots of yummy food for dinner. We all pitched in and brought something to contribute. I had to make our "family" favorites...creamed corn, cornbread stuffing, and green bean casserole.
Mary made a very yummy turkey for dinner. I was the one who got to carve it. I really enjoy carving the turkey...I'm not sure why but it really makes me happy.
The kids had their own table all set just for them. Everyone got a sample platter with a little of everything. The kids ate pretty well. For the most part they didn't complain about their dinner, which is huge for my kids.
Since the kids had their own table, we adults had our own table. Here we all are enjoying way too much food. Like always Will is making a strange face in this photo...oh well if that is how he wants to be remembered.
Mikayla took this photo for us, that's why it is kind of dark...oh well she did a great job...
We had an amazing Thanksgiving and I hope that Christmas is just as relaxing... We don't have all of our holiday plans set yet, but I'm shooting for a Christmas morning in our jammies...

No comments: