Well towards the end of the ride we saw a snake in the side of the rock face. The rocks are sandstone and over time there are these holes. The snake we saw was a baby and it wasn't moving. It looked like it was just enjoying a nap. We stopped and looked at it, from way far away. We took a few pictures and then headed on our way...
About 30 feet from the baby snake, on the trail we were riding, there was this big adult snake. Now Gav was riding in front and I don't think he realized what it was at first, but then he screamed. The snake had quickly gotten off the trail as Gav was riding towards it. Now let me tell you if it had been me in front I would have screamed too! Well after we calmed down a tad we race on down the trail with me in front. Luckily we didn't see any more snakes.
All the way home Gav was worried that there was a snake outside his car door. He asked if they could slither on the roof while I was driving and if they would come into the car. It was really a sad conversation to have. I feel really bad for Gav. I hope this doesn't ruin our outdoor fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment