Today was one of those days where you don't know how much worse it could get... Well I am happy to say that it really could have been worse. Around noon, while working on a cake for Mikayla's friend Jewel, I cut my finger. It was hard to say how bad it was because there was LOTS of blood, (I promise none on the cake)... I tried with the help of my first aid team of Mom and Cory to get the blood to stop. It took quite a while, but it did slow down. The finger wasn't feeling great, but I had stuff to do. I finished the cake and made my chicken enchiladas before heading off to the doctor's office (I refuse to go to the ER).
I went to see the on-call doctor who put 4 stitches in my left thumb. The cut is about the size of a dime, it is about 3/4 of a circle... Really gross so I didn't take a picture for you. I was in and out with only 6 shots and 4 stitches.
I am so thankful that Mom was able to go with me so I didn't have to be by myself. While we were waiting Mom even read me an Elmo book, with voices might I add. Thanks Mom...
The doc said that I can take out the stitches on Friday and that I shouldn't do dishes for two weeks. I wonder what we will be eating off of... Poor Cory.
I showed the kids my injury tonight and it was pretty cute... Gav said that he liked my blue stitches. Mikayla wasn't really moved much. They were both really calm by my injury. I assured them that I was fine and they didn't have to worry. For as gross as my finger looks I was surprised that they didn't even flinch.
Well don't worry about me I am doing just great. I feel like an idiot, but what is new... For some reason I am notorious for getting my injuries in the kitchen, but this is the first time a kitchen injury has lead to stitches or even an office visit. I promise to be more careful...
No comments:
Post a Comment