Saturday, October 4, 2008

Fall Is Here...



Today Mom, Cory, the kids and I went to Cedaredge for the Apple Festival. Well I didn't get any photos of the Apple Festival...I don't know what I was thinking...,but after the festival we drove home via the Mesa. Since the Mesa is at a higher altitude there is more weather to enjoy.


In the photo above you can see where we stopped to have our lunch. As you can see there are streaks by the trees, this is the slush that was falling. It started out as rain and then turned to slush, and the further we traveled the cooler it got, and we got snow...
Here is the snow that we encountered. It wasn't bad to drive in. We were really excited to see it snow. It seems like the winter was so long ago. We turned on our Christmas CD and enjoyed the views.
As we continued on with our travels the snow stopped and it went back to rain.
Here is one of the views of the yellow leaves with some of the tall Evergreens. The photos that we took don't do the Mesa justice. It was so beautiful.
I really like this photo. You can see all of the storm clouds behind the tree. The clouds were socking in the mountains. It was such a beautiful day... I wish you could have been there.


No comments: