Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Here She Is...


Let me tell you that it was worth the wait. It was so cool getting to see Sarah Palin up close and personal. The stage was about 20, maybe 30 feet in front of us.

Sarah spoke really well. The crowd was really into her. She just has a great stage presence and great timing. She also really hits the things that everyday people are dealing with. I love her...Maybe she will run for President in the next election...

Sarah is so much more petite then you would think. It was nice seeing her and her family together on stage. The youngest girls were there, but not the baby. They really are a very cute family.


Not really a great expression, but look how close she is...


Charlie and Gavin aren't really interested in what Sarah had to say, but they were having fun down on the ground at our feet. It was really weird and quiet down there. They really did well hanging in there for as many hours as they did.

This is the crowd behind us. We were located between the stage and the News crews. Those are the news people on the scafolding.

This is just a small shot of what the crowd looked like.

After the speech Sarah and her husband Todd signed autographs and shook hands with the crowd.

What a cute couple...

More autographs...

OK... this is kind of hard to see, but those two head that you see are Mikayla (on the left) and Madison (in the middle). Sarah got down to the girls level and asked them their names and shook their hands. The crowd was so thick that I couldn't get closer to take a photo, but this one was taken by Charlie...good job Charlie.

Mr. Todd Palin signed Mikayla's hand. She didn't want to wash it off, but that is really gross. I told he that the memory is saved in a photograph forever.

This was a great thing for us to see. This election is a really important one. I am so glad that the kids were able to go. I know they don't really get it yet, but one day they'll be able to say..."I was there, I got to meet Sarah Palin, the first Female Vice President."

1 comment:

Jed & Emily said...

That must have been really fun. How great for your kids to get to experience something like this first hand.
-Emily